“Science indicates that babies’ brains are the best learning machines ever created, and that infants’ learning is time-sensitive. Their brains will never be better at learning a second language than they are between 0 and 3 years of age.”
– PATRICIA KUHL, Univ of Washington Institute for Learning & Brain Sciences
Our Infant Program:
Red Ladybugs – Mariquitas Rojas
We accept infants starting at 3 months of age. Our infant classroom teaches Spanish and Chinese simply through interactions with their caregivers, which is the same way a child learns the language spoken by their parents.
Within our infant classroom, your child will receive a bountiful amount of love, nurturing and individual attention. S/he will interact with similar aged children and age-appropriate educational materials. Our infant curriculum uses infant specific lesson plans directed at achieving important motor, sensory, cognitive, language and social-emotional developmental milestones.
Our Infant Classroom is decorated using primary colors and preponderance use of colors red, black, and white, which research has determined to stimulate infants and enhance eyesight development. Classical music is played at appropriate times to enhance cognitive development.
A safe, loving home away from home. In this regard, we will:
• Provide your infant with his/her own individual crib along with crib sheets and blankets, which we launder regularly.
• Personalize care, meal and nap times to meet you and your child’s individual needs and preferences. For example, we can adjust to honor any already established sleeping and/or feeding schedule.
• Accommodate personal feeding preferences by accepting pumped breast milk or inviting you to come to the center anytime to breastfeed your child.
• Low 1:4 staff to child ratios up to 11month old.
• Low 1:5 staff to child ratios 12 – 17 month.
Our Toddler Program:
Orange Fish – Peces Naranjas
Children are eligible for our Toddler class around 18 months when they are steadily walking. Our Caterpillars participate in a wide variety of developmentally age appropriate activities to stimulate and foster their motor, sensory, language, cognitive, and social-emotional development.
Your child’s daily activities will include tabletop activities, circle time programs, music and movement, story reading, and interactive games, amongst other things, to reinforce your child’s acquisition of Spanish. Chinese immersion will be offered next year as part of the full day program.
Staff to child ratio is 1:7 for 18 – 23 months and 1:8 for 2 years old – 35 month old.